The Huron River Club is Committed to Promoting Behaviors that Reduce Spread of COVID-19
All Members and Guests Entering the Club Must Wear a Mask Until Seated at Your Table.
In accordance with CDC recommendations, we have implemented several strategies to encourage behaviors that reduce the spread of COVID-19 among employees and members, including:
- Requiring reservations for dining to ensure 25% limited capacity (effective February 1st, 2021).
- Face masks are required for club entry. Extra masks will be provided at the front desk if needed.
- Implementing touchless payment – no chit, no book, no pen, verbal gratuity
- Updating restaurant and bar layouts to ensure that all members can practice 6 feet apart social distancing.
- Conducting employee health screenings upon arrival to work.
- Actively encourage employees who are sick or have recently had close contact with a person with COVID-19 to stay home.
- Requiring employees to stay home if they have tested positive for or are showing COVID-19 symptoms.
- Requiring frequent employee handwashing (e.g. before, during, and after preparing food; after touching garbage).
- Requiring the use of cloth face coverings among all staff, as feasible.
- Requiring employees within the following departments to complete COVID-19 training through ServSafe – kitchen, waitstaff, bartenders, hostess and valet
- Ensuring adequate supplies are available to support healthy hygiene behaviors including soap, hand sanitizer, paper towels, disinfectant wipes, disposable face masks.
- Updating cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfecting procedures from the front to the back of the club